Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vegetarian fast food (dinner in 10 minutes)



Some days I'm home so late for work, the thought of spending an hour cooking dinner could drive me over the edge. (Yeah, I'm a little edgy when I'm hungry.)

This dish can be made in 10 minutes flat, and it's really good too. Actually, it's one of my favorite dishes.

You'll need:

1 bunch of fresh asparagus
salt (I use Malsdon salt)
4 eggs
butter
2-3 Tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Cut off the dry ends of the asparagus.
Steam the asparagus for 5-6 minutes in a poy.

Fry eggs in the butter until done. Some people like a runny yolk, while other want it cooked through. I like mine runny.

Divide the asparagus on two plates. Sprinke a couple of pinches of salt over them. Place two fried eggs onto each plate, on top of the asparagus. Sprinkle parmesan on top.

It's good, it's healthy and I could totally see myself living on just this one dish. It is really that good!

No comments: