Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hello there, white beauty.

I took the dog for a walk down by the harbor this evening.
I enjoy looking at the boats and the birds down there, but rarely do the birds come up to me and say "hello".

I was walking back and forth by the seaside when I saw a white swan swimming towards me. I took a few pictures from distance, but suddenly I realized that the bird was just 5-6 feet away from me. He looked at me, and I looked at him back. He was such a beautiful sight. I have to admit, I was a little scared that he would rush out of the water and come up to me and bite my nose, but my curiosity got the better of me. He was too beautiful to turn my bak on.
The bird did a couple of graceful turns in the water, before he swam back out.

It was such an intense moment. I only wished it had lasted a little longer (and now I wish I had had a little more ligt too, because the picture is too grainy for my liking.)

No comments: