Sunday, August 17, 2008

I think today is my lucky day


I took the dog for a walk this afternoon.

We went into the woods behind the house and I met a sweet older couple there, on their way home with a bucket full of freshly picked blueberries.

I told them I was looking for mushrooms and this sweet lady offered to show me a place where chanterelles grow.

I couldn't believe it! First of all, people usually don't share where you can find wild mushrooms. Second, the place she took me to was literally loaded with pretty chanterelles.


I picked six pounds before I had to call it a day and went straight home.
I cleaned them and washed them (I know some people are against rinsing mushrooms. I'm not one of them) and decided to give myself a treat.
It's really simple, but totally to die for. I toasted a slice of bread, sauteed some chanterelles in butter, as in REAL butter, gave it a sprinkle of salt and voila - one of my favourite dishes in the whole wide world!




2 comments:

Chronic Artist said...

The huge thud you just heard was my jaw falling to the ground. What a lucky, lucky find!!!!

It's going to be a great week for you!

Here's some food for thought: http://www.earthy.com/Mushrooms_Truffles_C154.cfm ;-)

Kitty said...

whoa, six pounds!!!!

!!!!!