Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Nigella's sesame peanut noodles

This recipe comes from Nigella Express.

It's fast and easy to make, and delicious both warm and cold. I make it for dinner one day and bring leftovers to lunch the next.
I usually use what vegetables I have.
Today I used some broccoli florets, sliced carrots, sugar snap peas, sliced spring onions and some sliced white cabbage. Use what you prefer, but for a start, here's Nigellas recipe with the vegetables she uses.

Dressing:
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon garlic-infused oil or 1 tablespoon oil and 1/3 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons lime juice

Salad
1-1/4 pounds cooked noodles, ( I use egg noodles)
2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed
1-1/2 cups snow peas, whole or cut in half or strips
1 red pepper, seeded and cut into small strips
2-4 scallions, finely sliced
1/2 cup sliced radishes
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Boil noodles according to package. (Let cool if you want to serve the salad cold.)
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a bowl or small pitcher.
Mix the noodles, bean sprouts, snow peas, radishes, sliced red pepper and scallions into a bowl.
Pour over the dressing and mix thoroughly to coat everything well.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro.

2 comments:

sherry said...

I love it !!!! Thanks!!! I love you blog!!

Kitty said...

This one looks great too.
I must get into cooking again for my lunches. It's so tough to do everything.

I love sesame noodles!