Friday, May 2, 2008

Breakfast for a busy bee

This is an easy, tasty and healthy breakfast when you are in a hurry. Or for fruit lovers like myself.

I make a fruit salad from fruits I already have in the house, like apples, pears, banana, kiwi, pineapple, melon, strawberries and grapes.
I top the fruit salad with Greek yogurt or yogurt naturel, and top it with nuts. I used hazel nuts here.

If you want, you can sprinkle some honey on top, but the sweetness from the fruit usually does it for me.

5 comments:

Kitty said...

yknow I used to do this. Sort of.
I used to have yogurt plus 'stuff'.

and then one week I had an apple every morning as my breakfast. I swear I lost weight just because of that small change.

Fruit is so darn good for you, but I'm just not a fruit person. I'll try again, but it's tough. The Greek yogurt concept sounds really wonderful.

Kitty said...

oh Eva, I have no idea where you post from.

Are you in the US? I always assumed you were.

K.C. said...

This dessert looks like a great idea. I am going to a get together with some friends in a couple of weeks and I think that I will use it! Thanks! KC

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

Oh this dessert looks DELICIOUS - I totally want to eat one RIGHT NOW!! Your food always looks so lovely, so scrummy... I bet I'd put on stones of weight if I ate it all!
Ciao

http://scarletsculturegarden.blogspot.com
http://jamjarsuperstar.blogspot.com

Eva said...

kitty, don't spend time eating foods you don't like, even if it's good for you. i strongly believe that happiness is more important for our health, than any food! :-)

k.c, this dish is great as a dessert. Especially in the summer. Drizzle a little acasia honey on top and it will taste marvellous.

jamjarsuperstar, thank you for boosting my self esteem. I would love to cook for you sometime! :-)